Saturday, November 14, 2009


Saturday, November 14, 2009

This week has consisted of continued searching of WebQuests. In looking for WebQuests related to Photography, most are either on a famous photographer which is what I just did my final project on in the first class, creating a gallery showing for a museum, or a few which do not even seem to be the WebQuests like we saw in class. There were quite a few which just involved showing a powerpoint on how to make a sculpture or how to do a printmaking technique and then the students made the actual piece. I think art is still performance-based and has the majority of my curriculum which is to be hands-on experiences with clay, printmaking, painting, drawing, sculpture, etc. History and researching designs lends itself to working on the computer as well as computer-generated art. So, I have been thinking and thinking to see where I can fit a WebQuest into my upcoming curriculum so I can use this in my Photography class. I want it to be relevant to what I am teaching. I have my idea that I will go with but am not sure if it could be better.

I have been bookmarking many more sites and really do like the social bookmarking.

Just wait until you see the flickr presentation Rebecca and I are working on. We are meeting tomorrow afternoon. I hope it turns out as well as I think it is going to. The photo above is a glimpse of something to come.

The discussion questions have continued to be thought provoking and make me reflect on how often and to what degree I use email and blogging and then further uses of them and possibly more in-depth than what I am presently using.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see your presentation, sounds interesting!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete